Homeopathy is a system of natural medicine used by over 200 million people worldwide to treat both acute and chronic conditions. Homeopathy uses nanomedicines and works by stimulating the body’s own healing mechanism.
Because we administer small doses of a substance, the body is stimulated to heal itself. We therefore work with the body to resolve the problem not against it to cover up the symptoms as with many allopathic medicines. Remedies are generally made from plant, mineral or animal substances. There are over 3,000 different medicines.
The concept of treating the “whole person” is an essential element of classical homeopathy as it is the whole person that counts – not just the physical body. The mental and emotional state and/or symptoms are also taken into consideration when prescribing.
Homeopathy uses nanomedicines which makes them incredibly gentle yet extremely effective. Remedies can be safely administered to children, the elderly, pregnant women and people who are highly sensitive to substances.
Remedies can be taken alongside your conventional medicines; in fact homeopaths will generally insist that you continue with your doctor’s treatment until such time as the allopathic medicines are stopped by your prescribing doctor or you no longer need them.
- Homeopathic treatment works with your body’s own healing powers to bring about health and wellbeing.
- You are treated as an individual, not as a collection of disease labels.
- Homeopathy treats all your symptoms at all levels of your being – spiritual, emotional, mental and physical and finds the ‘like cures like’ match for them.
- Homeopathically prepared remedies, providing the minimum dose, are gentle, subtle and powerful. They are non-addictive, and not tested on animals.
- Homeopathy is extremely effective. When the correct remedy is taken, results can be rapid, complete and permanent.
- Homeopathy is completely safe. Even babies and pregnant women can use Homeopathy without the danger of side effects. Homeopathic remedies can also be taken alongside other medication without producing unwanted side effects.
- Homeopathy is natural. Homeopathic remedies are normally based on natural ingredients.
- Homeopathy works in harmony with your immune system, unlike some conventional medicines which suppress the immune system. (For example, cough medicines suppress the cough reflex, which is your body’s attempt to clear the lungs)
- Homeopathic remedies are not addictive – once relief is felt, you should stop taking them.
- Homeopathy is holistic. It treats all the symptoms as one, which in practical terms means that it addresses the cause, not the symptoms. This often means that symptoms tackled with Homeopathy do not recur.
What Can Homeopathy Treat?
- Respiratory Illness
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Back / Neck Pain
- PMT / PMSDepression
- Phobias / Fears
- Grief / Stress
- Skin disorders
- Hay fever
- Non-specific illnesses